Thursday, October 29, 2009

HBP - Final Product #1

It's finished! As promised:

finished2

Satin rattail cord, sterling silver chainmaille tassle.
It turned out pretty darn close to what I had envisioned. I had thought to add some Swarovski crystals to accentuate the color in the glass, but once I got to this point, it seemed like they would have just seemed like an afterthought. Besides, considering the bead is the focal point, the color and sparkle of the crystals would have pulled attention away from it.

I'm rather happy with it! Now... to decide what to do with it...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Simple, but very pretty. I think this is the perfect setting for a lampwork bead. Lets you really appreciate the bead itself without a bunch of other beads and whatnot clambering for attention.

Sue said...

Thank you very much! I must confess that I don't have much experience working with large focal beads like that. Mostly just the sets of multiple smaller beads. So I guess I really didn't know what I was doing. I just knew that setting it in the middle of a more traditional necklace would have resulted in weight issues.
Thanks for your comments!